There is a new wave in Open Systems data protection… joining forces EMC and Innovation lead the way with Cross-Platform Data Protection and Non-disruptive Disaster Recovery using high-speed tape, deduplication VTL, or disk storage and high performance System z FICON channels…. NOT your TCP/IP Network.
FDRSOS together with IBM System z and EMC VMAX® with EMC z/SOS present a highly scalable and secure distributed data protection and disaster recovery solution for enterprise Linux on System z, as well as for distributed open systems servers; offering a better way to provide business data and disaster recovery protection, by leveraging the cross system capabilities of z/OS, to move data across high performance System z FICON channels and ensure the highest level of business resiliency.
FDRSOS, a cross platform z/OS solution running on System z, provides the ultimate in enterprise data protection and disaster recovery for AIX, Linux, UNIX, Windows & Linux on System z data. FDRSOS in conjunction with EMC VMAX® with EMC z/SOS (formerly Enterprise Storage Platform (ESP)), dually accessible disk storage, and EMC TimeFinder™ makes open system volume backup non-disruptive, as Open System disks are protected (backup/restore) by z/OS and the System z mainframe using high-speed System tape, de-duplication VTL or disk, over high performance System FICON channels.
FDRSOS data never travels on the network and therefore does not consume TCP/IP CPU resources.
Backup and restore is at the volume level and the data transfer is at FICON channel speed.
Backups will, no longer take too long…congest networks...or leave you worrying about a
reliable recovery. There is no TCP/IP data transfer to consume CPU resources, with
FDRSOS. Data transfer is across high performance System z FICON channels.
- Taking distribute data backup off communication networks
- Ensuring production schedule are no longer constrained by a backup window
- Empowering Open Systems backup with System z mainframe strengths
- Maximizing value by avoiding costly customized integration projects
- Protecting investments in existing System z mainframe resources
FDRSOS delivers ultra-high speed, non-disruptive, cross platform Open Systems disk volume backup and rapid recovery utilizing:
- EMC VMAX® with EMC z/SOS (formerly ESP) data sharing technology to take Open System & Linux on System z volume backup and restore off your TCP/IP network.
- EMC TimeFinder hardware replication to make volume backup non-disruptive.
- High performance FICON data transfer for rapid movement of more data in less time.
UPSTREAM/SOS, an option of FDR/UPSTREAM provides FDRSOS users with file level enterprise data
protection for AIX, Linux, UNIX, Windows and Linux on System z without putting backup data on
the communications network.
- Off-network logical file level data protection
- High speed Incremental Backup with rapid full volume recovery
- Online Database Backup Agents – ORACLE, DB2, MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Critical backups optionally remain on local backup disk for immediate retrieval
- z/OS security (RACF, ACF) and tape management (CA1, TMS, RMM)
- Protects investment in existing mainframe hardware, software and auto-ops
- Centralized administrative control and management reporting via GUI Director
FDRSOS data never travels on the network and therefore does not consume TCP/IP CPU
resources. Backup and restore is at the volume level and the data transfer is at FICON channel speed.
FDRSOS and UPSTREAM/SOS work together with IBM System z high performance FICON and EMC VMAX® Symmetrix storage to ensure the highest level of business resiliency for your AIX, Linux, UNIX, Windows and
Linux on System z applications.
return to top
Ameren migrates 10TB of storage to new volumes without interruption with FDRPAS
A Sound Investment Citigroup tames its backup environment with dedicated mainframes